Join us for worship indoors at COS beginning July 4.
As we plan for indoor worship, the pandemic situation continues to change quickly. The following plans are initial and we will adjust them based on case rates, changing guidelines, and our first few weeks of indoor worship experience. We eagerly look forward to gathering inside together while also considering how to best protect our most vulnerable worshippers.
Those who are feeling ill, are awaiting a COVID test result, have been exposed to COVID and are in the 14-day quarantine or have tested positive and are in 10 days of isolation should not come to in person worship. Temperature checks will only be conducted in nursery and the children’s programming.
Vaccinated worshippers are encouraged, though not required, to mask and unvaccinated worshippers age 2 and up are required to mask indoors. Physical distancing and 50% capacity is planned in worship areas. To facilitate this, please leave 2 seats between your household group and others. We will avoid using wind and brass instruments and will continue using single-serving communion elements. We will continue to use the responsive liturgy, but congregational singing will be limited to the doxology at the close of the service.
To sign up for a service, use this Eventbrite page and click on “select a date” and then follow the prompts to register.
- Both the large sanctuary service and the Basic English/Bilingual service will take place at 10 am. You do not have to sign up for the Basic English Service.
- Announcements following the services will be made by the council presider. If you have an announcement for the congregation, please give your announcement to the presider prior to the start of the service.
- Children’s worship programming is available for children 3-5 and 6-7. Please indicate in the registration if you have children in that age range. Worship help supplies and activities will be available for all children at the check-in area.
- Nursery will be available during the services
- We will serve communion in individual, prepackaged communion cups, cups will be blessed and distributed during the offertory. See below for help on how to open the communion cups.
- Alternatively, you may bring your own communion elements to the service.
- The service in the large worship space will be broadcast via Zoom. Zoom links will be sent out via the email newsletter list prior to each Sunday
Details are subject to change as the summer progresses. Check back here or contact the Church office as needed.